Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Wolverine

The Wolverine, directed by James Mangold, was slightly above average. It's good enough to be something that I want to own when it comes out on DVD but at the same time it wasn't the best thing I've ever seen. I'm kind of afraid to talk about it because I feel like it's one of those movies where just saying one thing could give another thing away. So I'm going to give you a pretty dry review of this.

The plot was decent. It was basically about Wolverine/Logan (Hugh Jackman) going to Japan to say goodbye to a dying man he saved many years ago, and then it ended up turning into much more than that. There was a lot of action which was nice. I feel like a lot of superhero movies lately have been less action more emotion. There was basically a fight every scene in this one, or maybe it was more like the movie was one giant fight scene. But don't worry, there was still some love, for those of you that like that sort of thing. The acting was great, which is to be expected.

Don't leave the theater when the credits start! Just because it's not technically a Marvel movie (because you know, Fox owns the X-Men movie rights and that includes Wolverine)  it's still a Marvel movie. If that makes sense? Which means there's a scene at the end of the credits. Personally this little scene was my favorite part of the entire movie and made me really excited and I was about ready to die.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this movie and I cant wait until it comes out on DVD.

I give this movie three and half stars

No comments:

Post a Comment