Saturday, May 25, 2013

Zombicorns by John Green

I recommend this book
So first let me explain why the picture is ridiculous. This book is downloadable for free as a PDF so That's why it's on the computer. Excuse my background, I have an unhealthy obsession with the show Revolution. And the check looks brown because of the light coming off of the computer. So yeah that explains that. Now to the review.

Oh my gosh I loved this book. This is the first John Green book I've read and it was fabulous. I watch his youtube channel all the time and I love him. But this book was supposed to be for charity and then the event ended so he made the book free. You can download the PDF here: http://effyeahnerdfighters.com/post/2835409604/didnt-get-your-chance-to-get-your-hands-on-john. I would really recommend it because it's short and free and it gives you a way to kill an hour and a half if you're waiting for something like I was.

Overall I really liked this book. I really liked all of characters. I felt like I could be the character Caroline. She often went on rants like I do so I loved her. She wasn't the main character, Mia was. And Mia was probably deeply disturbed, but I liked that. I do think that Mia had a strong male sounding tone to her and for the first few chapters I believed her to be a guy until it was revealed she wasn't. Even then I still saw her more as a Matt or something along those lines. Still, I liked her.

This book does not contain unicorns. Which I didn't really mind because (don't kill me) I don't like unicorns. Nope this book is about bad corn that turns people into zombies. Which was interesting. The plot was not that well developed but I still really liked it and I feel the end was perfect.

Green himself admits that this is not his best work. But if this isn't his best then I cant wait to read the rest of his books because this book (technically this is a novella, but whatever) was just completely perfect in my mind. It made it's way to one of my favorites. Trust me, take the hour out of your day and just read it.

I give this book five stars



No comments:

Post a Comment