Monday, July 29, 2013

Short Books VS Long Books


So I'm going to try something new today, which I'm calling Discussion Monday. (Look at my poorly made design thing.) During which I will introduce a book related topic and provide my opinion on it and then you can feel free to agree or disagree in the comments. This is another attempt by me to get more posts on my blog. So lets see how this goes.

Today's discussion: Short or Long books. Which do you prefer? For me I've always liked long books better. Both have there pro and cons but for me I just like beefier books. If I'm going to spend sixteen dollars on a book I want it to have some length to it. Sure long books may take a little while to read, but if it's a good book it shouldn't feel like that. I feel like in longer books I have more time to get to know the characters and I'll probably end up caring about them more because I've spent more time with them. Not to say a short book cant do that, because it can, but sometimes if the writer isn't skilled enough and the book is short the characters can fall flat. So when I'm in a bookstore and I'm trying to pick between two books and one's 500 pages and the other is only 250 I'll probably choose the 500 pager just because I want more. I think maybe it's just a human thing to want more of something good and to have the bigger is better mindset.

So, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I like short books better if it's a book for school, but otherwise I like long books because like you said I feel like you have more time to get to know the character and it adds more detail and information. If it's a really good book, I would prefer it longer.

    ReplyDelete