Sunday, November 24, 2013

Catching Fire

HELP ME
Where do I even begin. I have such mixed feelings about this movie. I might be the minority on this one, but, I don't think it was as good as everybody is saying it is. That being said, it was still a really good movie.

I'll answer the question you're all wondering. It was... close... to the book. Now I'm not one of those people who think that a movie based off the book has to be an exact replica. No. Those people be ratchet. I know that movies can't be exact and that things will need to be added and taken away. I get why they had to take out the part where Katniss hurt her ankle, and the part where she tries on the wedding dresses. Time. It's a two and a half hour movie and they still didn't get everything. I don't mind that. I understand. It's the little changes that bother me. It's the little things that add up to make Catching Fire the book we love. So I do miss those little things. But I still think the book was close enough. After all, all the parts that made you want to cry while you were reading were still in there.

I am definitely the minority on this, but, honestly, I miss the damn shaky cam. I liked the shaky cam. I really did. Without it I feel more like I'm observing Katniss rather than feeling like Katniss. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Jennifer Lawrence. Oh my god. She has to be my favorite actress of all time. Every actor in that movie made me feel like it was real, but Jennifer was, by far, the best. I think she's already given a lot of credit, because most people do realize she's a good actress. I still think she deserves more. There are just too many scenes to choice from to explain how well she did. Example: The scene where Cinna is getting beat up and Katniss is stuck in the tube. I could feel that emotion. It wasn't just in her voice, or her body movements, but in her face. She's such a good facial actor and I think that's one thing a lot of young actors lack. In every scene her face always gave away the emotion it was supposed to. I applaud her. I applaud the entire cast, honestly. They all deserve a pay raise.

The movie was good. It was just enough action. Just enough romance. Just enough Finnick. Just enough Gale. Actually all the characters that were in there got just enough of their fair share of screen time. In the end, it was just enough of everything. And yet I left the theater feeling like there was something missing.

So I'll be seeing the movie again, because I'm afraid my expectations may have been too high. I'll give you an update when I get around to the second showing in the next few weeks. For now, this blogger is full of mixed feelings.

I give this movie four stars

No comments:

Post a Comment