Saturday, January 11, 2014

Frozen

Believe the hype
First, let me apologize that the picture is going the long way instead of being wide. It's bothering me too, but it's gonna stay like that. Second, believe the hype.

I guess one of the reasons it took me so long to see this movie is because there were so many other movies to go see, a lack of money, a lack of time off to go see it, and a lack of friends to see it with. By now most people who want to see the movie already have. If you're one of those people that's holding back, for whatever reason, stop. Drop everything and run to see it now before it stops playing.

So clearly I liked it. I liked it a lot actually. Like. I liked it more than I liked Thor: The Dark World. Frozen, directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, could possibly be the BEST Disney princess movie ever (although it is kinda hard to choose between this and Tangled). I'll be honest, the movie has a pretty Disney plot. The princess, the prince, the true loves kiss, the blah blah Disney shit that's a little overrated in my opinion. Enter Anna (Kristen Bell), the incredibly awkward but kindhearted princess with dead parents and an older sister who shuts her out. I felt for her. She was just looking for love. When her sister, Elsa  (Idina Menzel), accidentally uses her magic ice powers and causes an eternal winter it's up to Anna to save the day. And she meets a man while doing it. Kristoff (Johnathan Groff) is a little rough around the edges. And, come on, well all know where this is going. They live happily ever after, Disney ending.

But this movie is different in really one way. I cared about the characters. I laughed, and I almost cried (not even at the end, like at the beginning). I felt. At then end of the day that's what you want from a movie.

So I give this movie five stars, because it really did do a good job at being a Disney movie. To sum it up, it was cute, and the songs were funny. Until Olaf (Josh Gad) (the snowman) came in it was really only a four star movie, but the character just pushed it right to the top. He made the movie go from kinda funny to pretty much hilarious. So good job, Disney, for being smart and adding him in there. I don't think they would have been as successful had they not had Olaf.

I give this movie five stars 


No comments:

Post a Comment