Sunday, February 10, 2013

Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

I do not recommend this book
This book is terrible. I can't even put that nicely or say it in any other way. The way it's written just drives me insane. The author clearly had no idea what she was talking about. This is just the saddest excuse for a book ever. Honestly it is the worst thing I have ever willingly read. I can't even stress enough how bad it is. I know I just keep saying it's bad and not explaining why but I just cant even begin to describe how bad it is.

I think what bothered me most is the writing style and the way the characters speak. It's written in third person (he/she/they/ in other words, not narrated by the character)  which I don't exactly like but I can put up with if the writing is good. But the writing wasn't good. And even though the writing was in third person each chapter was like "aria" and then "peregine" and then the narrator would talk about what that character was doing, even though both the characters were present in that situation and it didn't have to be done that way. It was actually really annoying and it made me want to change everything to first person. The way the characters speak is equally annoying. The conversations they had didn't seem realistic, which is a giant pet peeve of mine. I always say that you can fix bad writing with good characters but in this case the characters were almost as bad as the writing. Please save yourself some time and do not read this book. I will not be reading the next one.

I give this book no stars

No comments:

Post a Comment