Sunday, September 22, 2013

Control Your Fate

It's Quotation Sunday again, even though it's like almost 10:30. Oops. Sorry. I work. And then I had to watch Now You See Me, great movie by the way. So lets get to the quote.

"The dice had already been tossed, the cards shuffled and drawn. He was what he was, whether he knew it yet or not." - Barry Lyga, I Hunt Killers, page 134.

In I Hunt Killers Jazz often has problems dealing with who he is and where he comes from. He questions everything about himself. I like this quote for a couple reasons. One, is because it implies that Jazz will be a killer like his dad (even though probably not). Two, it's basically saying we cant control our fate. Call me crazy, but I like that idea.

I like the idea of not being able to control our lives. If we screw them up, but we're already predestined to screw them up, then it's not our fault. I don't think people like the idea of  not being able to be in control of their fates because it makes them sad. I think some things are just meant to be though. I think if people stopped trying to control every single little details of their lives and other peoples lives they would be a lot happier. Stop stressing and just live the way you were meant to live. Have fun while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment