Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Top Seven Hunger Games Moments

It's Top Seven Tuesday. Today I'm going to talk about my top seven Hunger Games moments, because you know I'm still on a Hunger Games kick. Just be thankful my Discussion Monday wasn't Hunger Games related. So I'm going to do this by going in descending order, ending with my favorite Hunger Games moment. Lets get started.

*Warning, entire post may contain spoilers for all three books, read on at your own risk.*

7) When Katniss volunteers for Prim at the reaping. This is, clearly, one of the most important parts in the book. It isn't my favorite, but it is certainly a very emotional part of the book. It shows how much Katniss cares for Prim right away. When I read the books I think about what I would have done if Amys name was called. I'd probably volunteer too, and thinking about it sort of brings up emotions. That's why this moment makes it into my top seven.

6) Finnick "kissing" Peeta. Come on, you know you were freaking out when this happened too. It wasn't just the mouth to mouth Finnick was giving Peeta, it was the idea of Peeta dying. It was unthinkable. No. No. No. The moment made me happy and scared at the same time.

5) Rues death. This one is obvious. Rue reminds Katniss of Prim, and Prim reminds me of Amy. It was one of those "I feel you" moments.

4) "Katniss, there is no District 12."  Feels. Feels. Feels. Feels. After I read the line I ran to my room and started Mockingjay right away. It was the perfect ending for a perfect book. I cant even begin to explain how I felt. It was just an overwhelming feeling of multiple emotions at once. That ending made it so I didn't want to read Mockingjay, I had to read Mockingjay.

3) Peeta trying to strangle Katniss. I was in the middle of my history class when I read this. The teacher was bad at his job and never noticed me reading in the back of his class (I know, I'm so cool). So when I read this I couldn't really release my emotions. When I did get into the hall I was basically having a mental breakdown. I had to stop reading the book for a few hours just to process what was happening.

2) Katniss realizing she is going back into the arena. It was another one of those heart stopping moments that Suzanne Collins is so good at creating. I wanted to cry, and I almost did, but I'm really not that type of person so I didn't. But it was emotional. All of these moments were emotional.

1) "If it weren't for the baby." I screamed and threw the book across my bedroom. I couldn't even handle it. My mom came running into my room because I screamed so loud she thought I was being murdered or something. I have never before had so much emotion towards a book that I threw it across the room. This is why this moment is my favorite. This is why it's number one. No moment made me feel as emotional as that one. Even now when I reread the series it stops me for a moment, even though I know it's coming.

I think Collins should be praised for being able to create so many jaw dropping moments. There were so many more I could have put in. So these are my top seven Hunger Games moments. Did I miss your favorite? Share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment