Sunday, September 15, 2013

Facing Your Fears

Hey guys. It's the first Quotation Sunday ever. As I write this I'm still trying to decide what quote to use. I know I want something Hunger Games related, because, as I explained yesterday, I am in a Hunger Games mood. I'll probably have to reread the books for the millionth time soon. And so now, after two hours (more like twenty minutes) of flipping through Catching Fire, I have picked the quote I would like to discuss with you today.

"At some point, you have to stop running and turn around and face whoever wants you dead." - Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire, page 118.

I picked this quote today because I remember it being one that caught my attention the first time I read the series, and it continues to catch my attention with every reread. I think it can mean more than what it's suppose to mean when you really look at it. It's not just about facing whoever wants you dead. It's about facing something you don't want to. In life we all have to do things that scare us. If we don't at least attempt them then what does that say about us? Sometimes you can't just sit and wait.

I hope next time you're in a rough spot you remember the quote and face your fears. We can't hide from them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment